Application for Internship Placement in Chicago Public Schools
Deadline for Application
Friday, November 3, 2017 at 5:00PM
Conditions for Participation in the MSU-COE Chicago Public Schools Internship Year
- I confirm my understanding that, if accepted, I must complete the required Chicago Public Schools student teaching application, and all other required forms in a timely manner as communicated to me by the Michigan State University, College of Education.
- I confirm my understanding that I must have met all Criteria For The Progression To The Internship, by the end of Spring semester
2018, as articulated on the Michigan State University, College of Education website:
- Successful passing of the required Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) by the April administration.
- Successful completion of all teaching major and/or teaching minor(s) requirements, as well as all teacher certification
coursework and other courses required for teacher certification, by the end of Spring semester 2018.
- Have my bachelor's degree conferred at the conclusion of Spring semester 2018 (requiring no summer course enrollment, Summer 2018 degree conferment can be approved on an individual basis).
- Approval of current Teacher Education Team Leader for participation.
- I confirm my understanding that full participation in the Chicago based internship program requires my attendance during the four-day "pre-internship" experience in Chicago, and the one-day campus based orientation.
- I confirm my understanding that a condition of my participation is that I must abide by Michigan State University policies, including the MSU General Student Regulations, while enrolled in the program and that I may be subject to disciplinary action for violations of those policies.
- I confirm my understanding that a condition of my participation is that I will be required to attend and participate in all scheduled instruction; and I will ensure that I have in my possession the laptop and technology accessories (webcam, headset, etc.) that support my full participation in the Teacher Education professional education courses, or other required program completion courses, for which I am enrolled during my internship year.
- I confirm my understanding that I must secure my own housing, transportation and other necessities in a manner that ensures my full participation in the Chicago-based program. Michigan State University, College of Education will assist in identifying "affordable housing", but is not obligated to ensure my obtaining of any housing arrangements or other required necessities for participation.
- If accepted, I must obtain and submit upon request verification of Freedom from Tuberculosis.
- If accepted, I must complete and submit approved fingerprinting requirements.
You may wish to print a copy of these Conditions for Participation for future reference.
Chicago Internship Information Session Power Point Presentation
Continue to Application