Clifford E. Erickson Memorial Fund
Back to Endowments
About Dr. Clifford Erickson
Dr. Erickson joined the MSU faculty in 1944 as professor of education and supervisor of vocational guidance, and the following year he was appointed director of the newly created Institute of Counseling, Testing, and Guidance. He later became dean of MSU’s Basic College, the general education program for undergraduates, before being named dean of the School of Education in 1953. He presided over the transition from School to College of Education in 1955 and was largely responsible for changes in structure and curriculum that led to the College’s preeminence among schools of education in the United States. Under Dr. Erickson’s leadership, in 1958, the College moved into a new building, which later would be named Erickson Hall in his honor; it remains the home of the College of Education today. President John Hannah appointed Dr. Erickson to the position of university provost in 1962, and he served in that capacity until his death one year later.
Give Now to the Clifford E. Erickson Memorial Fund
For information on how to apply for this scholarship please visit Graduate Student Endowed Scholarships/Fellowships